Pro-Lines Detectable Marking Tape is used for detecting, locating, identifying, and protecting buried utility lines for gas, water, sewer, telecommunication, and electrical markets. The width of tape used, is determined by the size of, and depth at which the underground utility line is buried. The depth at which detectable tape is buried, is determined by the width of the tape used.
- Roll Size: 2" x1000'
- Color: Green
- Print: CAUTION BURIED SEWER LINE BELOW
- Recomended Burial Depth for 2" Wide: 6" - 9"
- Other Widths available: 3", 4", 6", 12"
- Call for a list of other standard print markings for water, sewer, electric, gas and reclaimed water.
- DETECT: Aluminum core is detected through means of inductive locating.
- LOCATE: Line is located and marked after inductive locating is performed.
- IDENTIFY: Utility type is identified by both the APWA color-code and utility legend printed on the marking tape.
- PROTECT: Detectable tape works 24 hours a day and year round, even if tape is not inductively located during excavation, the tape provides a "stop-sign" effect that is highly visible.
Pro-Lines Detectable Marking Tape consists of a minimum 5.0 mil overall thickness. Construction is 0.8 mil clear virgin polypropylene film, reverse printed and laminated to a 0.35 solid aluminum foil core and then laminated to a 3.75 mil clear virgin polyethylene film. Tape is printed with our APWA Color-Coded, patented "Diagonally Striped" design with big, bold, black lettering to identify a specific buried utility line.